View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
He's got a point here. The new muscle cars (well, the new mustang and camaro) are nothing to laugh at. Those cars CAN handle these days. Seriously, there is a lot of misconception regarding these cars, comparing them to their old generations. It's a night and day difference these days.

I can't speak for the challenger, although, I assume nothing has changed with it since it was re-released. It is heavy and wasn't made to handle, but there might be some variants of it better suited than others. I've heard the new Charger is nothing to laugh at. Call it bench racing all you want, but the American automakers have realized what it takes to be competitive these days and they are building some impressive cars.
I'm not calling it bench racing because it's American Muscle, I'm calling it bench racing because it's bench racing.

The new Mustang is a great car, I'm happy Ford finally decided to try putting a modern suspension under their sports coupe, they did a great job with it. It's pretty soft and cushy when you push it, though, and the steering is still a lot slower than I'd like to see in a proper sports coupe. I could live with the steering, and I suppose springs/struts and sway bars aren't an outrageous thought. Plus, unlike the Z, the stability assistance actually lets you have a little fun before it goes into full nanny mode. The transmission shifs nicely, the Coyote V8 sounds sweet at redline, pedal position is great for heel-and-toe, it's actually a really good driver's car.

I have not driven a Camaro but I would like to, and I would probably buy one if the legendary visibility issues are really no worse than the Z.

As for the Dodge... No thanks. The quality issues are more than enough to make me not even care if they did handle, and the skidpad number doesn't tell you much at all about how the car handles at all.

Enjoy your car, and I will enjoy mine.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote