View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
stuy486
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z MB M6
stuy486 is on a distinguished road

Had another great nationals driving Mark's car. This year of course Bryan didn't have a PWC race so he was there to ruin my fun, but I'm pretty happy with how I did considering he pulled the surprise HR upgrade at the last minute.

On Mark's first west course run the car sheared an idler pulley bolt so the belt came off half way through his run. It was a team effort and thanks to many peoples' help, they were able to fix the car for my 2nd and 3rd runs. Bryan graciously let me drive his car for my first run (which ended up being my fastest, but it was dirty). Never quite got to the same place in Mark's car, but was darn close, and I'm sure down to my driving rather than the car. On my fast run I missed my shift to 3rd and lost about 2 tenths coasting through to the finish . I finished day one about 5 tenths back of Bryan.

On day 2 I was able to lay down a time that was only 4 hundreths back from Bryan, which I'm very pleased with, and walked away with a 2nd place trophy (my second time finishing 2nd to Bryan at nationals).

Here are my videos:
West: https://youtu.be/hnEW2jG2gfg
East: https://youtu.be/Mk4aINj4osc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Autox View Post
So what problem areas did you address to take advantage of STU mods? Aside from maybe headers, cats, a tune, and adjustable camber, I can't think of anything worthwhile.
Everything you mentioned, plus springs, penske shocks, bigger sway bars, a diff, lighter seats, lighter front brakes, 11" wheels with 285 tires. Probably other stuff that I'm forgetting... I don't own the car, my co-driver Mark does most (all) of the work.

FWIW, last year when I won in the same car we didn't have: A tune, lighter seats, lighter front brakes, and our wheels were ~2lbs a corner heavier.