View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #2672 (permalink)
ZHighlander
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo Tech W M6
ZHighlander will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I thinnk the keyword in FP's statement is "I"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Pretty sure he never said it wasn't useful to others.
Except he made this blanket statement, which seems to berate those who are interested in safety/aid technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I agree. The car is tiny if you need help knowing where the back of the car is you probably shouldn't be driving lol

Quote:
Exactly the kind of spot I wouldn't want to park the Z
I agree, but it's not always by choice.

Quote:
Plus, I prefer to keep my backing and parallel parking skills honed by using them and not relying on technology to do it for me.
Sure, but just because someone uses said tools, doesn't necessarily mean they're bad at the task. I've honed my parallel parking back when I had to park in Berkely, CA, during rush hour University hours. When a tool is available to make the process easier, and done with better precision, I'm gonna use it.

Quote:
And these blind spot and lane monitoring and many other so-called safety features IMO achieve the exact opposite of their intended purpose by making people more reliant on driver aids so they can pay less attention to actual driving
Then you're gonna hate the future of Autopilots with people playing on their phones and letting the Tech do everything for them. I'm just gonna wait for the first gen to release and watch the news with popcorn at the ready.
ZHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote