View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #8376 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the HKS got installed, but not the Motordyne, due to time constraints and technical difficulties - a.k.a. - those blasted "demon" bolts. A 1/2" breaker bar nearly 3 feet long, four 1/2" extensions which came to about 48" in length, a quality impact socket and plenty of heat and PB Blaster. Those Mother Effers would not give. After about the fifth try, the head started to rounded off.

I'll have to go back and we're going to pull the exhaust manifolds off so he can either cut or drill though those damn bolts. Wish I had some extra cash for the some headers at this point! I'd take them to him to install since we're pulling the stockers anyway. Oh well.

In other news, the HKS went on without a hitch. It sounds and looks great! It's nearly silent at idle, has a smooth, mellow deep tone under light throttle input, then opens up and wales under WOT. Inside the car, absolutely no drone at all. In fact, very little sound at all inside. Just that mellow deep smooth tone, and no more interior panel rattles! It's just loud enough to still cover that awful sound of the motor coming through the firewall.

Anyway, a few pics...

Stock with AAM Short Tails

The HKS system installed, just before the tips were installed

And on the ground

I think I'm going to push in those tips a bit more also