View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #37 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
Inspected by...? The local emissions/deq? If so that's kind of an emissions thing, regardless of how either of us feels about it. Pretty sure a turbo kit on one of these cars wouldn't pass an OBDII scan (various codes turned off to keep the ECU happy on my ECUTek map). Unless someone is stalking you, it shouldn't prevent you from running this ECU setup.

In fact, the way I have it setup... I can unplug the M1 and plug the stock VVEL & engine computers in and drive away (yes, the M1 takes the factory VVEL computer out of the picture -- we run it ourselves, no problem). Shouldn't be a problem to keep the stock computers on the shelf for a rainy day -- takes 5 minutes to revert back to them, and their glorious 12 minute reflashes, lol.
Inspected by the state. In TX (and plenty of others) TT kits pass just fine, even without cats. As long as there's no code or it's turned off, it's good. Their computer just has to be able to communicate with the ecu.

Since you can switch back to the stock ecu and have a running, passing car, then this is back on the menu as a possibility.