View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 08:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The only reason I asked about OBD was to see if there's a chance to use this on a street car. I understand what OBD is. I couldn't give a rat's *** about emissions or using it for diagnostics, but it would be nice to be able to get the car inspected so I can drive it on the street.
Inspected by...? The local emissions/deq? If so that's kind of an emissions thing, regardless of how either of us feels about it. Pretty sure a turbo kit on one of these cars wouldn't pass an OBDII scan (various codes turned off to keep the ECU happy on my ECUTek map). Unless someone is stalking you, it shouldn't prevent you from running this ECU setup.

In fact, the way I have it setup... I can unplug the M1 and plug the stock VVEL & engine computers in and drive away (yes, the M1 takes the factory VVEL computer out of the picture -- we run it ourselves, no problem). Shouldn't be a problem to keep the stock computers on the shelf for a rainy day -- takes 5 minutes to revert back to them, and their glorious 12 minute reflashes, lol.
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote