View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed-Hed View Post
I love my Stillen. Sound is perfect.
I agree. I like how it has a nice little purr at lighter throttle instead of a low drone. Last car had the deep powerful exhaust sound which is nice but after years of ownership gets irritating and causes headach on longer drive or stuck in traffic. The two things that put me off about F.I. Was the look on the z (I saw and heard their exhaust on a g37 with the oval (traditional) mufflers and liked that a lot as it was hidden but on the z they stand out too much for my taste, maybe if they had an option to do their oval muffler in a stacked configuration like Stillen I would have been more tempted as their fit, finish and craftsmanship of F.I. Is top notch. And second was some mentioning drone under 2500rpm even with 18" resonators. The Stillen actually made my cab noise quieter than Oem and light throttle accelertion (traffic crawling).o

In the end it's all preference. I like that Stillen and F.I. Are the only two to have dynos to back their claims so between those two it's just a matter of taste. If my z wasn't a daily driver and I could get over the look then it would have been a harder choice between the two.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote