View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 03:09 AM   #2649 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Yep. New Q50/60 appears to have a heavier front to rear weight distribution vs the outgoing models. If done to the Z, it may throw off some of it's handling abilities.

According to Nissan/Infiniti the new Q60 is lower, wider and has a lower center of gravity vs the outgoing model. Not sure if this makes up for a heavier front end, but we'll see.
I'm intrigued by the possibility of "steer-by-wire" and how well that can be dialed in (certainly saves on weight), but the dynamic adjustable dampers on the red sport will hopefully find their way to at least a Nismo Z35. If so, I think we'll be happy

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by car&driver
In other respects, the Red Sport handles quite nicely, especially with the two-mode “Dynamic Digital” dampers in Sport or Sport+ mode. (Both of these modes offer identical powertrain and suspension settings, but the latter allows a longer stability-control leash.) Body roll is well suppressed in both settings, and the brakes are excellent in terms of power and feel. Staggered-width Dunlop summer run-flats come standard on rear-wheel-drive Red Sport 400s and measure 245/40R-19 in front and 265/35R-19 at the rear
Haven't seen any Q60 skidpad numbers but I'm sure they'll be even better on the Z.