View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Kat View Post
If the car was stock it would sell for (ballpark) 26k. I find it hard to believe on a 2013 with under 16k miles I could at best get another 4k for having 10-15k of additional equipment. And I was careful not to rice it out. IMO other than the supercharger and coilovers it was basic upgrades

I forgot to mention I want to have another stick shift. If I had the money I would for sure lease a C class. I can't afford two cars right now. I have a motorcycle for my second car

Thank you guys again for humoring my anxiety. I appreciate all the feedback
Aftermarket forced induction will send the vast majority of potential buyers running for the hills. Most people will assume it's been beat within an inch of its life. People always have trouble selling highly modded cars for the SAME value as a stock one, much less for a premium. When you bolt a turbo/sc on a car, you pretty much have to accept you've tanked the resale value. If you want to get near the sale price of a stock car, part it out. With the SC on there you're going to take a hit.

Would YOU buy a used sports car that's been modified to produce an extra 50% of the factory rated power? Most people don't want to take on someone else's project.