View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghotnit View Post
I am in a similar situation. I am switching to Z1’s 2-piece rotors and brake lines to firm up the pedal as well as changing fluid. I am looking for more bite but don’t want the noise for street use and low-dust is desired. I am looking at the StopTechs Sport (309) as they seem to fit what I am looking for. This thread has been informational and my personal research has me down to 2 different pads. The StopTechs and the PowerStop Extreme (Z26). They seem to be very similar pads. The Akebonos are not bad. I just want more for the street.
From what I've read here and researched on my own you'll want the Stoptech Sport over the Z26's if dust is a worry.

I'm good on the OE pad initial bite but the harder I push the brake pedal (after initial grab) the brakes don't apply any more stopping force. I'm glad the thread helped you as well. I figured the options herein needed to be discussed more and is my reason for posting.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote