View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 12:43 AM   #2627 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about all that -- what do they mean by "new".

New platform (as promised/threatened) -- almost definitely not. A Z based on the current Q? I don't see why not. How different is the chassis? It's got the same 7AT right?

Different body panels, tighter suspension, etc. and you've got a "new" Z.

Could be worse. Beats that weird crossover thing or the idx.

I know no one here cross shopping Camaros or Mustangs wants to think about this, but despite the flagging sales for the FT-86, there a few new smaller sports cars out now: The new MX-5 RT is pretty sweet (but will need boost) as is the new sporty Fiat spider (very hot car -- just saw one the other day).

Sports cars will be available for sale -- the amount of muscle may require a lot of aftermarket tho, unless you want to go 'Merican.

I drove a new Mustang -- I liked my Z better -- but its a good car. I'm sure the latest Camaro is good too -- I still just don't really trust their reliability... but, they are definitely getting and looking better than their predecessors.

That said, if no new Z ever emerges (or the one that does is a disappointment), I am much more likely to buy (and boost) a new MX-5 than get an American Muscle car as my next purchase.

Last edited by Jordo!; 09-11-2016 at 12:45 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote