View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

I picked my '16 Nismo about 3 months ago. I bought the car because I loved it, but I didn't think anyone really cared about it. I mean, no one talks about it on the net (besides on this forum ), I never see "sightings" pics, you don't see a lot of them on the road (it's not THAT expensive of a sporty car, and well within the means of many people), etc.

I couldn't believe how much attention this car garners. Before the Nismo, I had a 2007 dark blue Miata GT with the power folding hard top, on white wheels, supercharged and loud as hell... That car got quite a lot of attention.

And then I got the Nismo. Holy hell, this car, in completely stock form, garners 20 times more attention, from anyone and everyone. I can't believe how many people openly stare, how often people roll down their windows to ask about the car, people snapping photos, people trying to catch up to me while driving to see the car, etc.

I like keeping my cars as OEM looking as possible, save for, maybe some nicer wheels. I don't even like tint (cops are brutal for tint here). I'm now strongly considering getting tinted windows because I feel I'm always being watched, lol.

I haven't had bad interactions though. Always positive. Well, one kind of bad one, but the guy was trying to get me to race his older 335i sedan, with 4 people in it, lol. But other than that, everyone is nice. Maybe it's a Canada vs US thing? I don't feel Canadians are nicer. It's just a made up stereotype. But I never anticipated anyone even paying much attention to this car, maybe save for the occasional Nissan enthusiast. It blows my mind.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote