View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

OK. I was a good boy and read every single post in this thread, but didn't find the answer.

AK, did you just swap the TPMS from your stock rims over to the winter rims or did you get them from Tirerack. I thought about getting a set with the TPMS from TR, but I'm not sure if they work properly or not. They come with some kind of "resetting" tool, but I'm clueless how well it works with our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I'd say my TPMS light went off within 50 miles of swapping (the next day).

Have you noticed a huge change in your traction now? These winter tires are so soft and squishy that anytime I get on the gas, the VDC lights up. Even on the highway at 70mph, dropping down to 5th gear and flooring it makes the VDC come on. I'm finding the performance hit in dry weather to be rather annoying. Hopefully the snow performance makes up for it. It may also be related to the 40-50F temps we still have. Perhaps the traction will improve once the temps go below freezing and the tires firm up.

What have you noticed with traction, AK?
I wonder if your VDC is going off more often partially because you don't have a staggered setup like the originals. Dunno.

Last edited by TreeSemdyZee; 01-05-2010 at 10:29 PM.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote