View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Was a dealer tech for a long time and heard just about every just driving along story. Great one before I left was brand new 2016 z06 with less than 3k mi that just "stalled out on him on the freeway". Hmm car will only move forward and backward about a foot With car in gear (pushing now engine running). Bore scope and bunch of bend valves, conn rod thrown through the cylinder wall. Was like yup that's not warranty. Best part is we had just been bought out and new management wanted to please all customers and said GM will cover it. Heavy duty guy replaces the engine, GM denies warranty stating obviously mis shift and over revved the engine, done. Then management goes back to heavy duty guy asking what they should do, he's like well you should have waited for approval like I said but no you pushed it through so I guess we just bought an engine.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote