View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

I say the OP needs a "driver mod"

He drove to Vegas and Yellowstone without problems... well, that's fine... that's all highway driving, with little clutch/shifting action.

OP still can't give us any valid reason as to what happened to this transmission or his engine. The dealership should have given a very clear print out as to what is wrong and what needs fixing.

11k for an engine? Yeah, if you buy a new one from the dealership. There are plenty of junk yards around where you can source another engine, for, like said, around 2k. I'd say swap it yourself, but I'm concerned about the knowledge level regarding cars, as thus far, it seems to be rather low. Not hating, just stating the obvious.

I get the feeling the dealer is just robbing the OP. I also get the feeling there is MUCH more to this story than the OP is willing to fess up to. But maybe I'm just crazy.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote