View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #167 (permalink)
MarksZ34
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z M6 Sport
MarksZ34 is on a distinguished road
Default First to do this with 19" Sport rims?

First - Thx to VinceThe1 for paving the way for all of the Nismo owners out there and inspiring all of us 'go wide or go home' guys! I'm going for this using sport rims which are 1/2" narrower. I have 285/35 SO4s on the back now which will move to the front 9" rims. I'm ordering the same 325/30 RS3-Ss on the back. The race shop I'm dealing with says they should fit fine on my 10" rims and claim they've done this before on 19x10 mustang rims.

The car is currently lowered on swift springs. I'm very confident of the fit and clearance but trying to figure out how my 15mm and 20mm spacers with studs will work out. The front should be fine but the 285s on the back now are very close to flush with the 20mm spacers. The 325s will have some pucker so we'll just have to see. I might have to swap the front 15mm spacers to the back to pull em in a bit. I should have plenty of room to move the 20mm spacers to the front if I need to. If this happens, I''ll have to figure out if or how the studs will work. H&R says they are 45mm and 50mm respectively and that I need at least 10mm of length for the 7-8 turns needed for the lug nuts to be safe. I'm confused since I read on here the stock studs are only 42mm! This doesn't make sense for the fronts with only 3 more mms of length to cover a 15mm spacer???

Can anyone verify the stock stud length and clarify the mix of sport wheel offsets and spacers vs the Nismo wheels to make sure what I have will work?

Last edited by MarksZ34; 09-08-2016 at 10:07 PM.
MarksZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote