View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

Usually those who I allow to drive any of my cars are already "qualified"; the "unqualified" ones usually don't ask me. In the case of the very few cases, I approached it depending on the person and familiarity. Usually the "unqualified" ones are timid in driving and I usually encourage them to drive it closer to the limit.

What is the qualification, you ask? I consider a "qualified" person as one who has competition experience. Any of my autocrossing friends qualifies. From time to time, I have offered and allowed a friend to drive my C6Z06 in an autox when his own Corvette broke down. Another time, a less experienced friend drove my CTS-V and I coached him how to go through my favorite 100-mph on-ramp (downshift to 5th, hold speed at about 100 mph, steer, and never lift!).
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote