View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

This....

Doesn't matter what language it is written in, you're not going to find the source codes. However, if you can dump the codes and if you can figure out the address of the instructions you want to change, then you can play around with it.

Some guy from Europe was able to do that on the e46 M3. We were able to make some interesting "non factory" customization on the Nav.

As far as servicing it, it would likely be the same way when they update the maps. I recalled the M3 had a couple of OS updates on the Nav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say it's machine code inside the unit and not stored as source code.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote