View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping an old thread here...

I'm curious to know if these failures were caused by improper installation. As in, over torquing the crank pulley bolt back on, causing fatigue in the pulley "arms". Even if one is fatigued enough, it can be enough for the others to fail.

I'm trying to gauge how bad these pulleys actually are... it seems the original thread by NST was full of nothing but praise regarding the pulleys.. all 97 pages (and hate regarding delivery times).

Why did NST stop being a vendor on this forum? Seems odd they are still in business but would drop off a forum. Were they just unable to keep up with demand regarding the pulleys?

From what I gather, it looks like hundreds of people have bought these, but I've only come across maybe 5 or 6 failures. I don't know what to think, but it seems like these pulleys would be a nice power bump across the entire RPM range, as opposed to other mods, like intakes, that only really benefit at the top of the RPM range. Also, has anyone actually suffered engine damage from the pulley failing? Or was it just the pulley itself?

I also find it interesting that no one else makes these pulleys for the 370z, besides NST. Maybe everyone else is on to something...

Last edited by Nithmo; 09-04-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote