View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #2578 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, notwithstanding the degree of insult inflicted on self-described "sports car purists", I think, we can probably expect all flavors of the Z to offer the 7AT as an option, as it seems to be the only available trans on the Q60 (and is now available on latest Nismo, plus was always an available option on all the Japanese models), it would be weird for them to simply not bother to include it.

I'll buy the most powerful one I can afford that also has the 7 speed. I love that trans, and after tuning, its really, really fast on the gear changes.

Of course, I'm pretty sure there will be a 6MT version for each as well, so something for everyone

Actually, does anyone know if there are mechanical differences between the 300 and 400 bhp 3.0TT models? Is it all just tune, or does the 400 hp one have differently sized turbos?

EDIT: According to A Deeper Look at Infiniti's New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter V-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&Driver
The new VR comes in either 300- or 400-hp strengths. Both are force-fed air via a pair of turbochargers, and Infiniti says that aside from programming, the only differences between the two versions are their engine mounts and an optical speed sensor for the turbochargers on the 400-hp variant. This speed sensor is what allows engine programmers to spin the VR’s turbos up to 240,000 rpm, a speed Infiniti claims is the fastest of any production V-6 engine.
Well, shit. That's pretty exciting! That all sounds upgradeable via tuning and maybe a few other minor changes, like the speed sensor they mentioned. I wonder about the motor mounts, tho...

Last edited by Jordo!; 09-02-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote