View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
BobbyLight
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z BS 6MT
BobbyLight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When I got mine in 2003. I had 4 options. Ti on Ti, 2 different plastics, and the ceramic. Was told that the ceramic would not take a big impact. With the Ti on Ti. They didn't know what happening to the Ti particles as it wears. Do they sit there around the joint, or move through out the body. The old style plastic is good for 10~15 years before replacement. And the new style plastic, which should be good for 15+ years. Depending on how rough you are on it. The new style plastic just came out when I got my hip replaced. So I went with the new style plastic. I was number 89 to get it, and to under go a new surgical procedure. I got a 4" cut in the front, and a 2" cut in the rear. Was in the hospital for 3 days, and back to work in 5 weeks.

Very nice! How is it holding up after 13 years?

I was told mine would last ~20 years. I got the new anterior approach, with just one 5" cut in the front. As it was explained to me, this new approach eliminates the problem that the posterior approach had, of easy dislocation of the hip from behind when bending past 90 deg. My aunt had a hip replaced in the early 2000's and couldn't bend past 90 degrees after surgery at all for a few weeks! Had a weird pillow to sit on and all.

I was in the hospital for 2 days, with no "waiting" to exercise full range of motion. It was the best decision I ever made, should have did it sooner. As soon as my other one starts to hurt (I have AVN) I am going to get surgery immediately, thats my clutch leg! lol
BobbyLight is offline   Reply With Quote