View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool that the new alarm systems can go up to 2 mile. But even if someone trips off your alarm when you're 2 miles away, something still happened to your car and you're 2 miles away worrying and hoping nothing happened to your car. I doubt dashing to your car or calling the cops could reverse or undo any damage.

Like I said before, I am not discouraging anyone from getting a aftermarket unit, I've done research on them and they're all worth every cent for what they can do....but as for factory stuff.....I don't think anyone wants any factory NAV systems not because they suck, but because they don't have use for them for another car. The amount of trouble someone will have to go through to re-use a factory NAV (whether if it's a nissan or not) it takes a lot more work to even just to take the unit apart unlike a aftermarket. Only a person that has a specific motive in trying to get your factory NAV to fit will attempt to even steal it. (i.e. someone that has the exact same car as you but didn't have the NAV or a car they can make it work) For someone to steal a factory sound system that doesn't have NAV is plain stupid. First of all, given the time they have usually, they can only take the headunit....unless it's parked over night. The risk they're taking, it's much wiser to buy an aftermarket unit.

For an aftermarket unit, at most people just have to take apart a custom fit faceplate, which most people don't give a crap about breaking and then the system comes off just like any other aftermarket unit.

Last edited by scruffydog; 01-05-2010 at 01:06 PM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote