View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Billibob22
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary#365
Billibob22 has a spectacular aura aboutBillibob22 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo5779 View Post
I agree.

So if you bought the car to mod it hold out until you have enough to do a complete solution plus whatever else you were thinking of doing to save money on the labor.

I have my car in the shop going FI, so I did the Specialty Z clutch/flywheel with Tilton Racing CSC (all comes as a package) from Fast Intentions website. Plus an RJM performance Master cylinder and and RJM's updated pedal (although I already had his old pedal).

Don't piecemeal this, you will lose out in the end. Once you do an upgraded CSC or CSC delete kit the next weakest link is the master cylinder and if you do a CSC upgrade or delete without a clutch I'm not too sure how that is going to hold up.

Do as much as you can at one time and save money. If you never intended to upgrade the car, now is the time to get out cause you are looking at a $2500 bill including labor if you go with what I mentioned above and you might have to revert to trade in depending on how much you do. Nothing is going to give you the piece of mind like doing the whole system, that's why I did it this way.

Thank you for your wisdom. I learned a new word today! Piecemeal, never heard that before today.. Honestly! I love it!
I will continue to update this thread as this CSC situation develops. It's not like I cannot afford this its the principle of the whole thing.... Thank you again for responding. Much MUCH appreciated... :-)