View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Pick Brake Pads (Akebono): List Inside

2010 Sport/Touring with SS lines, ATE Type 200 fluid and brake booster brace. All else OE until needed due to wear etc.

Priorities are strong initial bite, zero noise, and low dust. Use is spirited street / mountain driving with an auto X mixed in. Don't care about rotor wear, it's not my primary form of transportation.

The following choices are out due to experience or the research I've done here based on the above priorities: EBC, Hawk, Carbotech, Ferodo and OE.

My choices:

Endle$$: NS97, SSM or SSY in order from most to least aggressive. No forum feedback on any of these only the MX's which dust too much. Info. Here. Forged Performance, LLC ::...

UPDATE 9/6. Read some reviews of NS97 about cold squeal, so they're out. Also read a handful of good reviews regarding no noise nor dust with the SSM & SSY so they're still in the running.

Project Mu: B-force only as the NS' have smaller coefficient of friction range. Good reviews on the B-force's here on the forum. Info. Here. Project Mu Co., Ltd. - PRODUCTS

Stoptech: Sport 309 (Same as old Street Performance and same pad supplied with their big brake kits). UPDATE 9/6 These are out as reviews indicate high dust.

Streets 308. UPDATE 9/6 Research indicates VERY low to "no" dust, high initial bite, low resistance to fading. Both choices are the most economical; however, I'm not afraid to pay to play. But if nearly the same performance can be had at 1/3 the price of the above choices, that's a win in my book! Very little feedback here on the forum about Them. Info here. StopTech Brake Pads

Powerstop: Trackday, haven't been able to find much on these other than hard initial bite. UPDATE 9/6, Out as they squeal cold. Info. At Power Stop | Extreme Performance Brake Systems

As of 9/6 it looks like Stoptech Street 308's lead the pack due to reviews and price, followed by Project Mu B-force, then Endless SSM & SSY.

Thanks for any insight you can lend!

Last edited by Tractionless; 09-06-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote