Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #73 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
Is that what you saw or are reading. The 09 GT should only run around 5.1 to 60 from what I can find, now I havent been to a track to see just research. All the car companies are gonna up thier power every few yrs to keep up with the Jones, so dont be surprised to see the Z (and other cars) up HP in a couple of yrs too, its a cycle. A neighbor a fews houses down has a Saleen and it looks pretty cool and they are not Persians or Bling Bling guys, just mustang nuts. Most regular GTs here are driven by females so the guys have to get the GT500s or Saleens, etc to not be driving a girls car now.
Edmunds (I know, not the best butat least it was head to head) did a recent test where they were identical plus if you do a dragtimes compare between stock 2010 Mustangs and 370Z they are a mixed bag except for one really quick 370Z. Most fall in the 13.3 to 13.7 range. It makes since because the 370Z has a few more ponies and a little less weight but the 'stang has gobs more torque. I'd expect the 370Z to pull away on the top end a bit. Next year the 'stang is a total game changer on any straight line stuff if the weight stays in control. Camaros and Challengers are gonna get their asses handed to them. I know what you mean by upping HP through the cycle, but we're talking 100 HP in one fell swoop. That kinda bump isn't what you normally see in the same model.

EDIT: I just realized you're talking about a 2009 Mustang. I was talking about the current one which is a noticeable improvement over the older model.

Last edited by Lug; 01-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Lug is offline   Reply With Quote