View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
night blade
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan 370Z
night blade is on a distinguished road

Just an update, ordered the Joying JY-UL135 last Thursay and was delivery yesterday, quick delivery for sure. Paid duties and taxes and had today off to install, was a pretty easy install, ordered this unit from Amazon.ca and the Nissan harness from Joying site, the harness is complete as in you don't need to soldier anything, it's straight from the Nissan stock stereo connector to the new deck, only had to strip the power cable for my powered sub connection.

Unit itself is nice, a more refined setup compared to my older Nexus 7 + single din deck install I did a year ago, that was in my bus. Best thing I found is you really don't require a steering wheel control module, at least I got most of it working without wiring anything else up, other than the steering wheel phone buttons the volume down button doesn't work for some reason. But, you can program the other buttons however you like so I have source as mode, track up as volume up, track down as volume down and volume up as next track, works very good.

Also got the backup cam, but after checking some vids I didn't want to pull apart my 2016 just yet, few more years and i'll tear it down to install it.

So, pretty impressed with it so far, does everything I expected (coming from a tablet install remember) and more, very responsive the boot up is quick, well worth the $400 I paid.