View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the HICAS worked just fine, on the 91 its still a hydraulic system. I actually just took it out when I put new energy suspension subframe/diff bushings in the car this past August. I took the whole system out - solenoid, lines, rear rack. I did not want to take a chance on that system malfunctioning down the road and the rear wheels doing something odd, plus I never thought it added much to the driving experience. But it was working fine when I removed it.

I also thought that was a bit overkill, and the car is a little over-engineered in a few places. Like all the coolant lines under the plenum, etc.

I have taken alot of emissions stuff off over the years too. Have never had much break on the car though except a starter, a TPS sensor and a high pressure power steering hose I changed because it was leaking. thats in 13 years of ownership.

One thing that has deteriorated over time is the EFI harness, alot of the connectors are brittle, when you change the plugs or something like that the connectors tend to break. So I bought a new one and have to pull the engine to replace it. Since I am doing that I have bought a room full of stuff that I am about to put on it this spring. New ball bearing GT600R turbos (new downpipes), mike smith manifolds, 300degree fuel rails, 740cc injectors, dual intakes, dual MAF translator and a new ECU chip. Its all sitting in my spare bedroom waiting to be put on. Currently the car only has intake, Borla exhaust, jim wolf ECU, greddy intercoolers and Specialty Z down/test pipes so all this stuff should be a big boost in performance, and alot of work, but football season is almost over (GEAUX SAINTS!) so I will get started soon. Immediately after that it will need a brake upgrade.

The car has 91,000 miles on it and is in great shape inside and out, but will need paint soon due to some dings and chips. I am the 2nd owner, bought it from a doctor in New Orleans.

Last edited by SiXK; 01-05-2010 at 07:55 AM.