View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 12:38 AM   #4472 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

After doing a lot of research about nitrided barrels vs chf, barrels. I decided to take the plunge and go for what I felt was an amazing deal. My barrel won't be MPI'd & HPT'd. But it is 4150 cmv that has been nitrided. I observed torture/accuracy tests and the gun failed excellent. Plus I think getting a mid-length gas system and Magpul free float barrel shroud for $236 delivered was a great deal. Everything on the rifle is M4 standards except for the melonite barrel and only because of the lack of pressure testing my the govt inspectors. But it is tested by psa before being shipped to you.

I'm about to order a full MIL spec nitrided bcg + charging handle. I will Teflon bake the inside of the upper myself if it hasn't been done yet. That should aid in smooth shooting with a well oiled nitrided bcg. My trigger has no travel whatsoever and breaks crisp. I'm going to polish the stock trigger. This will be coupled with a 2X green/red dot scope.

This build will cost me a grand total of $600 with 2 lancer hybrid warfighter mags. This was a great build considering the times and the scarcity of good AR's for relatively cheap

The major companies are forcing g the budget conscious into buying junk. S&W no longer nitrides the barrels anymore and has gone from 1:8 twist to 1:9 twist,lessening long range accuracy of the 16" barrel. When asked how to they treat the barrel. S&W said, it's a new trade secret. I call bs on Smith... why can't the just put the right twist rate.... ??? 1:7 belongs on 16", 1:8belongs on 18" and 1:9 belongs on 20" barrels.

The industry is going to ****. In 2010, what I just built was a $700 rifle. $900 if it was magpuled out. Now it's a $1,200+ rifle before Magpul. DANG politicians...

I'm just glad someone is doing MIL spec cheap. It's not corporations doing it either. Douchebags.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 08-27-2016 at 12:42 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote