View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jawz1968
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z cherry 6sp
Jawz1968 is on a distinguished road
Default rear trunk open warning message

Hi, I am having a problem with a rear trunk open warning message? It usually only happens on the freeway at freeway speeds mostly when the car is jarred by bumps and rough roads. When the message comes on the door locks click open and closed. This can happen 60 to 70 times per drive on my 30 mile commute to and from work. Seems to be getting worse. It all seemed to start about the time I was installing my new clutch pedal and I had the truck hatch open. Apparently I had accidentally closed the hatch on the car cover and when I opened the hatch I noticed it stuck in the locking mechanism. Anyone know if there is room for adjustment in the mechanism and if it might be out of alignment. Or does anyone know if this is where the sensor for this unit is? Would I be looking at replacing the locking mechanism or the trunk actuator motor or a separate sensor somewhere else? I took it to the dealership and they said the locking mechanism looked in good shape. Then they took the car for a 26 mile test drive through a construction zone and brought it back scratched and said they couldn't reproduce the problem. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jeff
Jawz1968 is offline   Reply With Quote