View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
If you can't get the car high enough to fold the back out of the way, then you may have better luck with one of the metal aftermarket ones that has a panel that you remove to get access to the drain plug and filter.
I don't see how anyone could physically get under the car and not have enough room to fold the flap out of the way.

That being said the metal aftermarket shrouds are much better. I tend to remove the entire panel just for a thorough visual inspection. If I were lazier, I would gripe that the opening in the metal ones is only useful if the entire car is lifted and level. In my personal experience, the draining oil will catch the edge of the opening and run down the top of the shroud making a huge mess if the car is only lifted at the front two wheels.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote