View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
nick654
Base Member

Drives: 15' Nismo 370z 6MT
nick654 is on a distinguished road
Default AAM resonated short tails

Have not really seen a whole lot of reviews on this version of the exhaust so I thought I would share my experience.

Ordered the exhaust from Mike@AAM last Friday came in the following Tuesday. Pretty fast shipping and everything was packaged properly ( no dents or dings/ plenty of protective wrapping).

Exhaust was a straight forward install, came with all the hardware necessary. One problem I ran into though was the clamps that clamp the adjustable tips to the axle back. I do not know if I had faulty clamps or what but the clamps were not tightening properly almost as if the metal was to thick on the exhaust tips (mind you these are the 5" titanium Nismo Tips). Ended up snapping both clamps trying to get it to tighten on to the pipe. Luckily a local buddy had a MIG welder and was able to just put a couple spot welds on each of the tips after I had them set where i wanted them. In the end imo they look better because I was able to better position both tips evenly.

Overall, I think the exhaust looks really nice. Besides the clamp issue everything fit perfectly. The sound is extremely addicting and really opens up around 3k. Not as harsh as the non-res version which is a plus but still a nice deep throaty roar. Downshifts are intoxicating and I find myself grinning from ear to ear every time I get a pop or two downshifting into higher rpms. Next plan is to pair this with either a hfc or resonated test pipe to really open her up and let her breathe.

I plan on uploading some videos and pictures as well this weekend for anyone that wants to hear the resonated version of this exhaust.

P.S. There is barely any drone when cruising on the highway at around 70-80mph.

Edit: ^There is slight drone when under load in 5-6 gear at low speed but it is very tolerable. Had the radio at 1/4 of the way up and could not hear anymore.

Last edited by nick654; 08-30-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: *
nick654 is offline   Reply With Quote