View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #73 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

So my lawyer is back in town and hopefully kicking butt. But in the mean time I went and looked for another Vette over the weekend.

I'm 99% positive I found the car I'm going to buy. It's an 04 Z06 with a fully built motor, heads, blower cam, and a P1SC Procharger blower. It makes 570HP to the ground on a safe tune. The car was built by a reputable company in my area and tuned at sea-level. They think the car makes about 700HP at the crank. They backed the first tune down because it was starting to lean out at 590RWHP, so at 570RWHP it's safe. There's all the other necessary mods to support the power and the car is solid.

Anyway, the car is perfect inside and out. The interior looks untouched (other than the gauge pod) and the paint is flawless. 17K miles on the clock with just the one owner. He's selling it because he wants to buy a Mercedes C63 I think.

It drives just like my car did until you get into the boost (which hits around 1500RPM). The blower is pretty quiet from inside the cab. You can hardly hear it from outside. Although, when you get into the boost and let off, the blow-off valve is quite loud. LOL It's totally daily driveable. Dropping the hammer in 2nd gear was crazy. FAR faster than my Z06 in first gear.

Anyway, just waiting for the settlement checks and I'm going to go pick this car up.