View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
NRGz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Z. 06 Zx636
NRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond reputeNRGz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerkid View Post
I tapped into one of the sets of sub wires with an audio control lc2I, ran that output to my amp.

also the bose sub is powered by the bose amp under the foam under the back mat. If you replace the head unit you need to do the speakers as well, its a full on replacement, bose speakers have a weird impedance or some such nonsense that makes them incompatible with regular aftermarket HU's. I think it sounds "ok" overall with just subs and stock everything else..but it doesn't really liked to be pushed loud before sounding like shite in my opinion.

Thanks for the info! So replacing the HU would need to replace the speakers all around as well? (Due to their wiring im guessing?)
But wiring up some subs and running factory HU And speakers is fine.

I dont need alot of slap.. Im looking at one of the zenclosures; and since it sits behind me, im not looking for anything too crazy..
I removed the OEM trunk mats and stuff so the stock bose sub can create more bass. It sounds OK, but i would like to take it maybe a step or two up. Hopefully looking for a setup of around 4-500$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRGz is offline   Reply With Quote