View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

I guess from a buyer's perspective (at least for me), when I see an ad that reads along the lines of "full turbo build, only 1000 miles on it, selling at a loss", I start thinking "there's trouble there somewhere."

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm really going back and forth on whether to go FI. I had a 2007 Miata GT that had a Cosworth supercharger on it. It was the one car I bought, rather than built, but I knew the car well and the owner, to boot. The car never had issues, save for an O2 sensor that went bad (meh). I'm thinking if I did the same with the Nismo and kept the boost relatively low, I should have a car that is relatively worry free. I imagine once you start cranking the boost, that's when the potential for more issues to happen occurs. And yes, as already mentioned, it always comes down to the tune.

The beauty of the Miata vs. the 370, is that engine was still relatively easy to work on if need be. Every time I pop open the 370 hood, I cringe at seeing how tight the engine is sandwiched in the engine bay :rofl:
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote