View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliraftdude View Post
I guess what I am curious about now is that there appears to be two fairly prominent resolutions considered by forum members:

The ZSpeed CSC/CMC replacement or the Z1 Alternative.
Both the OEM CSC and OEM CMC are prone to failure. Until this year there were only aftermarket options for the CSC.

There is a ZSpeed Heavy Duty CSC. This product is installed inside the transmission bell housing, just like the OEM CSC. It has been on the market for a number of years now.

There is a Z1 CSC Elimination Kit. This product replaces the internal CSC with an external slave cylinder mounted outside the transmission (similar to Nissan's fix for later MY 350Z's). It has been on the market for a few years now - I picked mine up in Spring 2014.

Recently, there is a new ZSpeed kit on the market with a self-adjusting external slave cylinder.

Earlier this year, the first aftermarket CMC for the Z came on the market from RJM Performance.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote