View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
eliboy
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370Z Nismo
eliboy is on a distinguished road
Post My first build 2014 370z Nismo

Hey all,

I have my 2014 370z Nismo for a year now, it is also my DD.
Because I am coming from a part of the world that you can't change anything on your car (anything!!!). Now I am living at Atlanta, GA i got my chance to fallow an old dream and start doing a build.

The changes that I did are not big but it is a start and I am not planing to stop

1. I change the radiator to Mishimoto radiator
2. Install Cold Air Intake by AMM
3. Install an R line oil cooler by AAM

It was not a hard install but there was some things that remember to do next time.

1. AAM have great products but the installation manuals need to be work on, open the package when you get it and do dry install outside the car. With the oil cooler kit I got 2 lines that was not from this kit and I did not know that until my car was in the middle of the build. AAM took great care of me and replace the parts but save yourself the issues. As i said this is my DD so it really created an issue for me. on the odder hand Mishimoto have great how-to clips on the website that made the job easy.
2. Autozone rent tools programs is great, I was missing some tools and needed to recharge my AC system. Autozone will give you tools and give you 90 days to return them and get 100% of your money back! (As I said I am new to this so this was a new discovery for me).
3. Give yourself more time that you think is needed, you never know what will pop out and how long it will take you to overcome it. Take an extra time and that way you will have time to stop and think if you will need it.

Over all the build was a good one and I know this only the start, I don’t know what to do next yet so if you have any ideas please let me know.

The parts are working great! I am very happy with everything but where I can see the most of change is the oil cooler, today driving to work my oil temp was 180-190 F when the outside temp was 80-85 F. Before than it will be around 220-230 F on a normal drive. I took the car for a hard drive this weekend and the temp will never pass 220 F and when you lay off a bit the temp will start to drop very fast. I also got numbers like 160 F when I was driving easy at not crowded areas.

The sound of the intake is very cool and it looks it is doing the job, I don’t believe that a small power gain from a cold are intake can be to mush noticeable (for any brand), we are talking about 5WHP but the throttle reaction is different and more alive.

I will happy to answer any question that you have.

Original radiator

Mid build

Mishimoto radiator

Intake fitting

Intake fitting full

Oil cooler with the wrong hoses
eliboy is offline   Reply With Quote