View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
CrownR426
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Manual
CrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by !xoible View Post
Honestly, not to piss on anyone's parade, but the car isnt at all that fast especially when you start hitting over 5000 RPM. that's when the engine starts choking and it really doesnt deliver much power after that. remember this is based on a 3.0 engine that's been bored out quite a few times. they need a new engine to get the right power with the right rev. even though i am guilty of street racing often (especially when you're in an asian car, u get harrassed all the time) but i really dont give a rats *** about that or 1/4 mile.

Another thing which i am not sure about but i _think_ the steering gets too light when you get over a 100. on my test drive i only went 100 per dealer's request, and i felt steering going that route. but judging from my previous G, and Z experience i doubt it'll be too pleasant or safe going over 120 anyway

the car still puts me ahead of traffic, by far which is good enough for me. but to me the Z isnt about that, it's about 1. looks (which is very subjective), 2. the fact it's small and nimble, 3. could be awesome on the track (gotta figure out what to do with VDC tho), 4. cheap, 5. exhaust notes, 6. takes crazy wheel offset. yes i want the car to mod it, drop it, put wheels, etc.
Coming from an M3 remember!
I agree with almost everything you say.
It's definetly not slow though and it's the bang for the buck!