View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
There must be some truth to what I said, why else would cars like a Town Car, Taurus, Crown Vic, Cruze or Volt be on that list? Do people go "muddin" in those cars a lot that I don't know about?
If you are judging what the truth is by advertising copy, you are screwing up. Because those types of cars are seldom driven through high water, they don't need the dampers at all. But that's not going to stop the company from selling them to anyone willing to pony up a few bucks.

Quote:
Either way, I'm not exactly disagreeing with or arguing with you. I honestly think the whole thing is stupid and these mentioned vehicles have some kind of design flaw, hence using these dampers as a band aid instead of attacking and solving the issue.
There is no design flaw, it's advertising.

Quote:
Again, I've driven plenty of trucks and SUV's off road before, in mud and water up to and past the door sills, even up to the hood in the Land Rover Defender. Not ever a problem with any of them.
Lucky you. Many people don't have such good luck.