View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Low Frequency Brake Dampers... What the?!...

Since there's really not a lot going on TV at the moment, I have "TruckU" on right now on the Velocity channel. They're working on some kind of 4WD truck/jeep/something, and they mentioned these low freq dampers for use on the brakes. They're designed to eliminate moans, groans and squeals from the brakes. And there's a list of vehicles that they are "designed" for as well as new vehicle that come from the factory with them. Not to my surprise, they're ALL American vehicles. Imagine that.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Not once in my life with all of the vehicles I have owned or driven over the years was there any low freq noise coming from the brakes. The only noises I have ever heard come from brakes are either high pitch squeals from worn brake pads or low freq vibrations shaking the entire car from warped rotors up front.

Sorry, but if your vehicle has some kind of low freq noise coming from its brakes, then something somewhere is a total $h!t design and the engineer that designed it needs to be fired. But then again, they are ALL American vehicles only mentioned, so that pretty much goes without saying...

Just another reason for me to NEVER buy an American vehicle.