View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

I tagged along on a test drive a few yrs ago, my quick impression was:

Get the 6MT if you can find one. AT box is rather sluggish, detracts from the car imo, especially compared to the current offerings. Stupid amount of power, and magnetic dampers put the power down quite well.

The dealership was located in an industrial area, next to highway. Service road and on ramp was a bit undulated. I wouldn't feel safe to slam the gas on the Z. But the CTS-V hung on to the pavement under heavy throttle. Same for when my buddy floored it in first gear through a really rough intersection...Z's TCS would've lit up and hardly accelerate, the V skipped a few beats but put it down better than I expected.

Test one, it's addictive for sure