View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #8142 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You are pretty much exactly my size. I've done four RJM clutch pedal installs now. Let me tell you the newest version is so much easier to install and adjust than the old one. You shouldn't have any troubles if you're at all mechanically inclined, but it's not exactly a fun install.

The best tip I have is to set up something next to the driver side that is just about door sill height (I use an old wooden file cabinet turned on its side - it is pretty sturdy). Add blankets and pillows to provide cushioning for you and to protect the car's paint. This will make it much more tolerable working on your back down in the footwell. If you start to feel cramped or are just uncomfortable, spend your time down there in short 5-10 min sessions. I found that the better the cushioning, the easier it is to spend longer periods down there.
Well if you want a fifth RJM install under your belt, come on over to FL and install mine. I'll buy you lunch and dinner! LOL

More great tips. Thanks! So no need to put the car up on ramps I guess. Sounds like that would make things more difficult.