View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #8137 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
Something that isn't mentioned in the DYI install is while it's still rigged you should loosen the clevis end before removing the stock assembly.

or you could do it my way and find out afterwards you should have done it first.... luckily I'm local to Ryan and gave him a shout and he recommended a screwdriver to help break loos the nuts.

Oh and if I had to install the RJM again... I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I'm pretty damn petite but I did not enjoy the contorting around even with two towels down and foam pad for the knees.

Anyways enjoy!!! my setting is 50% and I love it. Much smoother manual rev matching and smoother n-1 1-2 shifts with a lot less effort.
Being 6' 1" and 230 lbs, petite I am not, nor am I as flexible as I used to be. In short, I'm really not looking forward to installing this thing. But I'd rather take a couple hours (or more) and do it myself than pay someone to do it. At least, with me doing it, I know it's done right.

I'll definitely make note of your tips. Anything to make things go smoothly. Thanks!