View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 12:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Sorry, I don't have time nor flexibility to poll for other dates. My August and September are fairly busy every weekend, and this is it for me.
  • WHAT: Our first cruise with both motorcycles AND cars
  • WHERE: TBD - We'll be going from Gainesville, out toward Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway area. Expect 150-200 miles.
  • WHEN: September 10th, time TBD (expect 0900-1000, with a stop mid-way for lunch somewhere)
  • PACE: Relaxed and comfortable for the motorcycles. Cars are free to do as they please, but I'd recommend just taking in the scenery and enjoying the ride so we dont get too split apart.

I was originally going to have this be motorcycle-only...however, I am open to having cars come as well, with 2 stipulations: there be two groups to split us up, and that NOBODY in a car even remotely gets on the tail of ANY rider. If you put us in a dangerous situation, you will not be invited back. The car group will need a volunteer to be the leader (obviously, a route will be predefined).

I an open to input regarding routes and food stops that will help us fall into that 150-200 mile total round-trip - frankly, I haven't ridden it so I don't know much about it.

For motorcyclists: if you are coming, be honest about your skill level, and come FULLY UNDERSTANDING that we go only as fast as our slowest member is comfortable with!

*Attending*

Motorcycle Group
  1. Rob (LEADER) - K1300S/Advanced
  2. Kim - CB500F/Beginner
  3. Steve - R1200R/Intermediate
  4. Dana - CBR500R/Beginner
  5. exsanity - Gixxer600/Intermediate
  6. John - R1200GS/Expert

Car Group
  1. Chris Warnell *MAYBE*
Rob (LEADER) - K1300S/Advanced/Squid
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote