Thread: RIP 2010 370z
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Random Strata
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z K51 M6
Random Strata is on a distinguished road

Didn't expect so many reply's this fast. I'll type this up in between calls.

I've already been looking around at used motors. I have a buddy who is a service representative at a repair shop who was able to hook me up with the shop for after hours work on my car. We should be able to swap it out over the course of a weekend. However, I have to wait 4 weeks before I can use the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
Obviously you're not one for checking you fluid levels... You apparently didn't "love" your car that much.
You are correct, I didn't check my fluid levels as I tend to to take it in to the dealership every 4 months or so for it's scheduled maintenance. This was the first time I had ever purchased a service package so I got used to letting the dealership do everything. That however doesn't mean I didn't love/appreciate my car.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get it. People getting a vehicle like this and totally neglecting it and/or abusing it. Makes no sense to me.

Some people should just stick to riding a bus.

Quote:
Me thinks there's more to this story...
Last time the car was serviced was Back in November and the next scheduled maintenance was in February. I keep all of the service paperwork each time it's maintained so I have records all the way back to 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I'm curious...

With or without the mini-hibernation, you've implied your car was regularly serviced. I don't see how your engine would just go kaboom. Going 1k miles past an oil change/service interval won't do that, at least for sure not under normal usage.
  • When was the last time your car got serviced?
  • What service was performed last time?
  • You drive your car rough all the time?
  • What were you doing right before it started knocking?

Are those "out the door" prices or just the engines?

Anyway, best of luck OP.
Routine maintenance back in November, I'd have to dig through to see all that they did.
0-speed limit as fast as I can when getting on the freeway. Otherwise it's pretty tame to the point that my friends have commented on how weird it is that I never speed.
Accelerated onto the freeway when knocking occurred, I pulled over thinking something was stuck in the wheel well. That's when I realized the knock was coming from the engine and proceeded to freak out the rest of the 40 miles home.
Those were out the door prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
What actually caused the failure? Just going a little while past the recommended service date would not cause this... But if you had an oil leak or something that went unnoticed to the point of running dry...well....
Per the dealership it looks like the engine was oil starved and it blew a rod.

Quote:
Considering the OP has a very low post count and his avatar shows (his car???) drifting... Yeah, I'm calling BS on his story.
Last I checked, drifting on a closed course wasn't.....actually I'm not even sure what you were trying to get at here so I'll leave that one be.

Not exactly sure why you like stomping on me when I'm already down, but I don't see how low post count has anything to do with this. Perhaps I don't share stories of me racing an SRT through traffic, because I avoid that stupid ****. I'm sorry I don't feel the need to post my opinion on everything after joining up three months ago like you. The fact that we're all here is proof enough that each and every person on here loves and respects their car. Even if you're a 20yo bro with a 12'' **** that is slayin all da hoes that your car brings you. You and I are here because we are proud of our cars and we wanted to share our passion with others.

Now if you would, please
Random Strata is offline   Reply With Quote