View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Idaholtby
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Base
Idaholtby is on a distinguished road
Default Maestro Rr install with Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX on 2014 base

Apparently I was the first to install a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX using a Maestro Rr into a 2014 370Z base model. ADS (makers of the Maestro Rr) only had wiring diagrams up to the 2013 model year, which created the problem I encountered. I performed the install myself rather than paying some kid to do it at an audio shop. The wiring changed on the 2014 model year. If I was to follow the wiring diagrams they had, I would have been splicing the Maestro input to the Speaker outputs. I instantly knew this was wrong and contacted them. Their customer service is awesome, although inaccurate at times as I was apparently forging a new road. First time I contacted them, it took nearly an hour before the tech could provide (what we thought at the time) as the correct wiring for the Steering Wheel inputs to the Maestro. Only 3 switches worked, and they did not perform the correct functions. Contact them again and they identified a wiring error from the first session. Made this correction and then gained some functionality, but still, none of the steering wheel switches performed the correct functions. Working with them over the phone, I provided voltage and ohm values for each steering wheel switch along with the LED color and flash count on the Maestro when a switch was pressed. Long story short, they realized that the two main inputs to the Maestro were reversed. Made the correction and Viola! All works as advertised. ADS acknowledged their errors and are working to update their website for proper wiring on the 2014 and up model year Z's. This was a major headache working through it all, but thank god their customer service was so helpful and reactive. Imagine if this issue presented and then not even being able to contact their customer service? Not an issue with ADS as they answered the phone instantly every time and I was able to use a direct line to the same person to retain continuity while working through the wiring and firmware issues. Very happy with the end result, even though it involved a lot of unnecessary work on my end due to poor documentation on ADS' end. The other (non) issue was that the 2014 Blue tooth is not incorporated into the Steering wheel controls and does not have the BT module behind the passenger seat in the hatch. The connectors are there, but no module, so nothing needs done as far as jumpering wires for the BT.
Idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote