View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dreadnaught
Track Member

Drives: 14 SR 370z 6MT
Dreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond reputeDreadnaught has a reputation beyond repute

When I first bought my Z I heard a slight ticking noise coming from under the hood at the rear of the right cylinder head. I thought I had a valve train issue until I discovered it was the purge control valve letting in fuel vapor into the engine from the fuel tank. At idle it sounds in rhythm with the RPM's. When you hear the noise open the hood and see if the noise is coming from the rear of the right cylinder head. If so, turn the engine off, then start it again and see if the noise goes away. I noticed if you shut the car off if the purge control valve is ticking/operating and start the engine the purge control valve shuts off.

Last edited by Dreadnaught; 08-15-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Dreadnaught is offline   Reply With Quote