View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #978 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
The car has 42K miles on it. The belt is new that came with the kit so it has less than 1K miles. I'm using a 2.92 pulley on the SC with the larger idler so it has about 80% wrap. All of the other pulleys are the stock Stillen ones. I did pick up a can of the CRC to see if it helps.

Yes, stock cats.

Timing is 15-16 degrees from 3-7K rpm. AFR is 11.5, 8.4 max psi.

Seb is NOT finished with the tune yet so there is probably more power to come with him dialing it in. I'll be doing another log run either this evening or tomorrow. We have been having a bunch of pop up thunderstorms in the afternoon which is quite common for us this time of the year. I may and wait until tomorrow morning when it is cooler and less likely to be wet.

BTW: I did contact Gates about making a 7 rib 109 3/8" belt so that we could use the additional idler on the jackshaft drive AND have the proper width. They can do it but the setup fee is $10K and the minimum order is 100 belts. Ouch!
I think that pressure test will help this along and hopefully you can put the 45* coupler back on.

Nice job on the research of the belt. But yeah, thats not gonna happen.

[QUOTE=Pauly Z;3534984]Damn, I will stick to my 6 rib belt. Been driving the car every other day and have had no issues with it. The only thing I get is no belt slip.

QUOTE]

Sounds like this option is a better way to go even if it is one rib short. I mean, you did pick up a whole psi so it has to be.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 08-12-2016 at 10:59 AM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote