View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheMagZ
Premium Member

Drives: 16 Nissan 370z MB M6
TheMagZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
It's a philosophical debate, and a personal one at that.

My thinking is more along the lines of help starts at home. How many people need help in Ontario, Canada, the North America? I'd rather not see our own population neglected as opposed to pumping more and more into foreign aid.

Sure, there are lots of people globally that need food, shelter, water; but there are right at home too. Teach them how to fish, then reach out to the others.

I think your heart is in the right place, but maybe look a little closer to home to see what can be done for your neighbours.
You raise an excellent point. It is a personal one, and I knew posting this would raise a debate, but I am not alone in thinking that there is something that we can do. This particular company has helped countries within North America as well, not just foreign countries. I don't think we can merely focus on home. Supporting locally and abroad is ideal. I believe it goes without saying that we're more privileged and have better opportunities in Canada and the U.S. than most. Believe it or not, I do local work as well. I donate, fundraise and help out at Sick Kids Hospital as well here in Toronto.
TheMagZ is offline   Reply With Quote