View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #162 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBinder View Post
OK, so I believe I have the right ones now but still no luck. I have weight sensor connected as well.

Here are the ones I ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D0GET4S

Also does it matter which wire connects to which side of the resistor? Or my resistor must be bad ones then? What tool do you need to test the resistor. Sorry guys I am a newbie when it comes to these resistors.
If you have the sensor and the resistor connected at the same time, the car is seeing ~2.4 ohms, instead of the required 4.7.

Resistors are not polarized.

Resistors seldom fail - unless you run too much current through them and that will usually cause discoloration from the heat.

Ohms are measured with an ohmmeter. You can find VOMs (volt-ohm-milliammeter combo, AKA multimeter) at most auto parts stores.