View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jack points and pinch weld adapters

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to perform my first oil change on my 2016 Nismo and was wondering who here has the recommended pinch weld adapters depicted in the service manual? If not, what are you guys using?

I have a lot of mechanical experience and I always lifted my unibody cars with the floor jack claw directly on the pinch weld. I didn't really worry about bending or scraping them. I don't want to do it that way with my Z. I plan to keep it as pristine as possible and therefore would like to either get (or make) adapters. I know that I can make some using hockey pucks but I'm just wondering what you guys use. I found these which look like they would work on our cars. Expensive but they look like quality pieces.

NEW Mini Cooper Countryman Paceman Pinch Weld Floor Jack PAD Adapter 2010 | eBay

Just not sure if they're the right size. Thoughts?

Also, I just picked up the Nissan unicorn oil (ester) and OEM filter. Normally, I would not buy into the hype about how good it is but I just figured "if it aint broke, don't fix it". If this is what the factory fill was, then I'll stick to it..........for now......

By the way, my Z now has 4400 kms. Yes, I know that the recommended interval is every 8000 kms but, I'm bored and figure why not.

Last edited by Cyber370; 08-10-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Cyber370 is offline   Reply With Quote